Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yard Gnomes

Update worthy! Justin has officially began his second year of residency, and his schedule has gotten so much better already. The first year here in Lexington has flown by of course, and I feel like we have settled in quite nicely. Our summer has been full of friends, cookouts, pool parties, and strawber-rita's! Just this week, we gave in to our horrible yard keeping skills, and hired a gardener to navigate us through the many random plants we currently have growing. I wish I had the patience and passion for such a hobby, the "ladybug lawn care" lady makes it sound so lovely, "you could have an herb garden here, and the sun hits here, so you can plant this, and let's add something here.." Hmmm, I like mulch, no weeds, and things not to look dead, thanks. Maybe I missed that gene somewhere seeing as my Granny always had big beautiful rose bushes, tomato plants, several apple trees, a few rows of corn, and kept bird houses, hummingbird feeders, and fed every stray cat in the neighborhood. She had a mini circus on her front porch as the birds would dart in and out of there. Anyhow, I don't think that's how our yard/back patio space will shape up to be, so for now, we have an old windchime and a hammock. I'm enthusiastically ok with that. Have a great July 11th everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment